Data migration from Mac to Mac. Work contents and required time when using external HDD Conclusion
Thank you for reading my wardrobe.
It is administrator's OL blogger Pirogi (@ pirori 3182) (1 ╹ ω ╹ 1)
The other day I did data migration from Mac to Mac for the first time in my life! In the past, I was using Windows etc, so it was all that I did not understand what I needed, the time required.
I examined the way of migration beforehand, but with information! As the knowledge that the predecessors such as Apple's official website and gadget blog left behind comes out on the net at random, I am weak
Which one to watch! ! ! State w w
Conversely, it was difficult because many sites covered various information.
I"Migrate from Mac (USB - C) to Mac (USB - C) using an external hard disk"I will summarize only the method of data migration when it is done under the condition.
table of contents[Hide]
- 1.Migrate from Mac (USB - C) to Mac (USB - C) using an external hard disk
- 2.What is necessary for data migration using Mac external HDD
- 3.Data migration work and time required using external HDD
- 4.Mac to Mac. Data migration work with external hard disk
- 4.1.① Back up old Mac data to external HDD
- 4.2.② Migrate backup of external HDD to new Mac
- 4.3.③ Initialize old Mac data
- 6.I'd like to add a good cover to the new Mac
Migrate from Mac (USB - C) to Mac (USB - C) using an external hard disk
By the way USB - C is this type of thing.
By the way, I have both the source Mac and the destination MacMacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)is.
What is necessary for data migration using Mac external HDD
Only these four are necessary for data migration.
External hard disk,Webledge's KakeWhen I asked Mr. "Transcend USB 3.0 / 2.0 2.5 inch HDD Portable Hard Disk"Is good! I taught it so I bought it immediately.
I got lost because there are various USB - C ports and external HDD, but since they taught gadgets like two people, there was no mistake!
Data migration work and time required using external HDD
The time it took to complete the entire work (backing up old Mac data to old Mac data)3 hoursAbout The digest of the work content and the time required for each was like this.
① Back up old Mac data to external HDD (30 minutes)
② Transfer backup of external HDD to new Mac (30 minutes)
③ Initialize old Mac data (1 to 2 hours)
There is not really time anymore! As soon as people do not do it, Youtuber's Kaz's video will be a good reference so please take a look at these two.
I want to see it more carefully and politely! It is nice to have people read until the end.
Mac to Mac. Data migration work with external hard disk
① Back up old Mac data to external HDD
· Connect external HDD and Mac Book Pro using USB - C port.
· Launch "Application" → "Utility folder" → "Time Machine"
· Check the "Create backup automatically" checkbox and click "Select disk ..."
· Select the external HDD to save the backup and click "Use Disk".
· When the checkbox of "Display Time Machine in Menu Bar" is checked, Time Machine will be displayed in the menu bar. Click "Create Backup Now" to start the backup.
· During the backup, the bar goes on and on and on and on like this. Although it says that the remainder is about 18 minutes on display, it rarely ends at this time.
· After 30 minutes! The backup is complete.
Now that the data on the old Mac can be moved to the external hard disk, we will move on to the new Mac next!
It takes about 2 to 3 hours to complete initialization! Let's do our best!
② Migrate backup of external HDD to new Mac
· Connect the external HDD to the new Mac!
・ Launch “Application” → “Utility Folder” → “Migration Assistant”
· Select "From Mac, Time Machine Backup or Startup Disk" and click "Continue"
· Select the external HDD and click "Continue"
· Select a backup to transfer information. I only got one, but you should choose the latest backup.
· Select the information you want to transfer to the new Mac and click "Continue"
· During the transition the bar will advance more and more. Although it says that the remainder is about 13 minutes on display, it rarely ends at this time. (Re)
· The transfer has been completed in about 30 minutes here as well!
I did it - ー ー ー ー ー ー! ! !
If the migration is completed correctly, all previous files, applications, passwords etc. should be migrated in the same state.
About 1 to 2 hours until initialization is completed! A little more!
③ Initialize old Mac data
By the way, most people initialize the old Mac after the transition. However, I forgot to take a picture screenshot! Lol
So please take a look at these two articles.
I am Apple official so there is no mistake.
However, because it is a little hard to understand "6. erase my MacOS and reinstall"4. Reformat hard driveI think that you should refer to!
Thank you for your hard work! This time,Migrate from Mac (USB - C) to Mac (USB - C) using an external hard diskI summarized the method of case!
I would be happy if it helped those who do a little data migration.
I am not good at dealing with gadgets, but it is fun to learn every single one like this! I will update this blog when I study again.
See you soon.
I'd like to add a good cover to the new Mac
I am reviewing a leather case for a slightly good MacBook I bought for my birthday!